Home           Mains           Sweets           Snacks / Drinks           News           About           Shop Online

Cinnamon and Wattleseed Porridge

This is totally one of my new favourite breakfasts! I make it without any sugar, you can always sprinkle some over the top if it feels like it's missing :) It could also be a yummy dessert. I go pretty heavy on the cinnamon, it's one of my favourite ingredients, so if you prefer a milder porridge I'd recommend increasing the oats to 1 cup and the milk to 2 cups for the same quantity of spices.

Makes one generous serving or 2 small serves.

Cinnamon and Wattleseed Porridge - with a nice pot of tea!
Ingredients

3/4 cup oats
1.5 cups milk
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground wattleseed
Optional: Fresh blueberries or Australian Wild Fruits

Method

Stir the dry oats with the cinnamon and wattleseed in a non-stick saucepan.

Pour in the milk and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.

Reduce the heat to a simmer and, stiring occasionally, simmer for about 7 minutes.

Add blueberries if they are in season, I didn't have any when I first made this but they are a divine addition!

If you have Australian Wild Fruits, they really bring it to another level of scrumptiousness, the perfect addition to a luxurious and comforting brunch :)

2 comments:

infoaddict said...

I like this recipe! I wonder if it might work with cinnamon myrtle? I've got a bag of the stuff and I haven't quite started playing with it yet ...

Danielle Quarmby said...

You definitely can, Cinnamon Myrtle can be used wherever Cinnamon would work - give it a try!